PLEASE stop yelling about how I can’t “apply western feminism to a Chinese movie.”
THAT IS SUCH BULLSHIT.
DISNEY PRETTY MUCH LEFT CHINESE CULTURE IN THE DUST ON THIS ONE.
About the ONLY SIMILARITY this bitch has to the Chinese myth is the name fucking Mulan.
That movie is a PIECE OF CRAP in terms of sensitivity towards Chinese culture. Or accuracy. I MEAN HELLO JAPANESE FLAG AND A WEIRD TRIVIALIZATION OF ANCESTOR VENERATION AND WHY THE FUCK IS MUSHU NECESSARY? SHE DON’T NEED HIS FUCKING HELP OH MY GOD I’M SO ANNOYED RIGHT NOW.
dude mulan was never meant to be accurate
haven’t you noticed that NONE OF DISNEY’S ADAPTATIONS ARE ACCURATE
inaccurate adaptations include:
- sleeping beauty
- the little mermaid
- snow white
- the princess and the frog
- and many more!
if disney made accurate adaptations then half of the movies would have to be rated pg-13 or higher because the original stories are usually REALLY FUCKING GRAPHIC
and disney took liberties with mulan because the target audience wasn’t eastern people, it was western people, so naturally they’d include more western ideals and things
and if they screwed up here or there then that’s called a fuck-up and every movie has them
so pls calm down mulan’s a great movie and so are the rest of disney’s movies
oh look guys
“Disney really changed things because they wanted to make it for white people even if it’s really Chinese and they screwed up and it’s racist but it’s soooo still good so you need to stfu”?
WHERE IS THE LOGIC WHITE PEOPLE.
first i’m not white genius get it straight
secondly this movie is targeted at five year old american children who would’ve been too confused had they made it ~*EASTERN IDEAS ONLY*~ so they compromised and did a mix of both eastern and western culture (how is that racist fandom secret it’s not)
my stepdad loves mulan and he’s chinese so i’m p sure it’s not that big a deal
Ok, this is the last time I’m going to address these same dumbass arguments again, so here we go:
1. I’m sorry that you are not white and I called you white. But you’ve still internalized racism and you’re defending a racist movie just because it’s for kids.
2. And also I’m going to point out that there are CHINESE AMERICAN CHILDREN. And you’re equating “American” with “White”
3. I’m not saying “Eastern ideals only.” Quite frankly, I think that’s also a really sort of racist thing to say. I’m saying, “they could have at least made an effort to be historically and culturally accurate.” I fail to see how MAKING SURE THEY DIDN’T EQUATE JAPANESE AND CHINESE CULTURE is somehow an exclusively “Eastern” ideal.
3. Good for your stepdad. There’s also a lot of Chinese people out there who fucking hated the movie. Are you seriously pulling the, “this one POC I know says it’s ok, so it’s ok?”
Fuck that. Guess what? There were Black people who fought on the side of the Confederacy. There were also Chinese people. I’m sure that these POCs who did so actually had very specific circumstances, but there is no way that you can tell me, “this one Black guy fought for the Confederacy, so I’m sure their ideology was OK.”
4. Also, what the fuck, “it’s made for kids so anything more accurate would be confusing.” You know what’s confusing? Melding all these different Asian cultures and stereotypes together to form something that is not even REMOTELY close to reality. Personally, I don’t know how many times as a kid I had to answer questions from my friends that were based on stereotypes. Especially after Mulan. Not only was there the stereotypical, “Do you guys really eat dogs?” question…there was also, “so like Chinese people hated women right?” question. So don’t tell me it’s less confusing. It’s more confusing, because it’s a bunch of racist bullshit.
- tayuna-chan reblogged this from lightspeedsound
- tayuna-chan likes this
- bilbo-swaggins-of-swag-end likes this
- ryanshek96 likes this
- jeunglongan likes this
- trapkun likes this
- stone-faced-sunset likes this
- koreantroncat likes this
- dokiluv015 reblogged this from lightspeedsound
- dokiluv015 likes this
- mxnotmrdarcy reblogged this from fauxcyborg
- irleerah likes this
- flitling likes this
- vongeek likes this
- mondosmusicbox likes this
- yakurru reblogged this from fauxcyborg
- squ33ble likes this
- burritosong reblogged this from fauxcyborg
- feuerkind reblogged this from fauxcyborg
- fauxcyborg reblogged this from feministdisney
- stopcallingmebitch reblogged this from ihavealittlefeminism
- thursdaysoldier reblogged this from ihavealittlefeminism
- thewitchofdimensions reblogged this from feministdisney
- boredsincebirth likes this
- kaybee-in-la likes this
- biadebarros likes this
- allamaraine likes this
- quilted-dreams likes this
- teaandcrumpets reblogged this from feministdisney
- queerstiels likes this
- gothicdancehall reblogged this from daughterofassata
- quintverginix reblogged this from ihavealittlefeminism
- ihavealittlefeminism reblogged this from feministdisney
- dangercupcakemurdericing likes this
- muninandhugin likes this
- thenewoctuple likes this
- deliciouskaek reblogged this from daughterofassata
- deliciouskaek likes this
- daughterofassata reblogged this from feministdisney
- penguinseatsnow likes this
- thebisweptualbisexual likes this
- alcindora likes this
- littleblackkittycat reblogged this from feministdisney
- littleblackkittycat likes this
- insertwittyremarkhere reblogged this from feministdisney
- blazninvasion likes this
- amisterkettlere likes this
- tinyfruitbat likes this
- imohsocasual likes this
- reezistance likes this